What You Should Do In A Fire

If you are ever caught in a fire, it is important to be prepared and to know what to do. We can help to restore your home afterwards, but it is very important that you know what you are doing beforehand and what actions to take when your home is on fire. We have created a guide for you to help you stay safe if you are ever to suffer from a fire in your property.

Safety and evacuation is your top and main priority if a fire ever occurs in your property.

If a door has smoke coming from behind it do not enter. If there happens to be no smoke, check the door if it’s hot to touch or feel the door handle. If either of them are warm or hot, we advise you to not enter the room. If the door is not hot, enter the room cautiously and if there happens to be a blast of heat, retreat back and do not enter the room again.

Never Re-enter Your Home Unless The Fire Services Tell You It Is Safe To Do So:

  • Make sure you evacuate as quickly as you can - have an escape plan handy for your home ready in case a fire ever happens
  • Make sure you close all doors behind you when you evacuate the property – this slows the spread of the fire.
  • Do not open any doors if you can help it, unless you are letting another person out of the room.
  • Make sure you stay low to the ground when leaving the property - smoke inhalation can kill. Staying low to the ground will minimise your intake of smoke as it rises.
  • Make sure you phone 999 as soon as it is safe to do so.
  • If you have a small fire, such as a chip pan fire, do not use water to try and put it out as this can make a fireball and make the whole issue much worse.
  • Do not try to fight a major fire yourself, but if your property has fire blankets or a fire extinguisher you can use these items to put a small fire out.
  • Otherwise, you should just evacuate the whole property and leave the fire alone.

The UK Government’s Website Also Has An Easy Reference Guide On Fire Safety Here:

By acknowledging these steps, you can ensure that you stay safe if a fire ever happens in your property. After the fire is put out, you can contact Public Loss Assessors so we can restore your property back to its pre loss condition. Please visit this link to see an example of what to do in a fire:-

Help With Insurance Claims

Public Loss Assessors are here to help - if you appoint us, we will manage the whole insurance claim on your behalf. As professional loss assessors, we provide the same level of expertise and industry knowledge that your insurers have on their side when you make a claim. We can provide a team of qualified specialists who will be working on your behalf.

If required, your team of qualified professionals can also include vetted building contractors, drying and restoration specialists and cleaning companies. With these experts working together, we can reduce the time required to get you back into your property and have your claim fully settled.

We have a full range of insurance claims management professionals, including loss assessors, desktop claims handlers, project managers and independent surveyors. By allowing us to manage your claim, we can arrange for repairs to begin on your property as soon as possible. We offer you a complete insurance claims management service ensuring that you don’t need to deal with anyone else. We manage the whole process on your behalf from start to finish.

Contact Our Loss Assessor Service

Please feel free to get in touch with our loss assessors today and find out how we can help. We are always happy to offer a little initial advice if needed.

Remember, we work entirely on your behalf and do not take instructions from your insurer. Receive the settlement that you are entitled to by allowing us to negotiate of your behalf.

Public Loss Assessors manage all aspects of your insurance claim, giving you a little less to worry about. For Help and advice please fill in the form or call our helpline on 0800 0435 999

Insurance Claims Management Services

  • Fire
  • Flood
  • Impact
  • Theft
  • Storm
  • Business Interruption
  • Escape of Water
  • Malicious Damage
  • Property Damage
  • Domestic
  • Commercial
  • Landlord
Please describe your claim and who your insurance provider is, including when the damage occurred.

Full UK Coverage

We cover the whole of the UK. Find a loss assessor local to your area.

Areas We Cover

Need Help? Contact us.

Contact one of our team members today. We are here to help.

Contact us now
Call Now ButtonClick to Call